Invoice Validation Service
How Invoice Validation Works
- We will arrange for all invoices and credit notes to be sent directly to us or made accessible electronically.
- Our KPI is to carry out a full reconciliation of each utility invoice and credit note within two working days.
- If approved, we stamp, reference, initial and scan the document into our system, then forward it to you for payment along with an Approval Form.
Approval Forms summarise your account and invoice details and includes client property and supplier codes to facilitate rapid data entry by your accounts team.
Approval Forms also help prevent confusion caused by different supplier’s utility invoices, as well as reduces the risk of incorrectly paying brought forward balances.
The Approval Form is compatible with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) systems and ensures that only correct invoices are paid, making both administration and cash flow easier. If needed, a scanned invoice can be forwarded to your Bought Ledger address to speed up payment.
If your business has to process lots of utility invoices each month we can summarise all of our Approval Form data in a csv file tailored for direct upload into your accounts system removing data entry errors and saving vast amounts of time for your finance team.
Resolving Utility Billing Errors
If we discover an error on your invoice, we will promptly contact your supplier, request revisions and arrange for you to be credited.
Common errors include:
- Incorrect opening or closing meter readings
- Unacceptably inaccurate utility invoice estimates
- Incorrect available capacity
- Errors in gas correction factor or calorific value
- Mathematical errors
- Incorrect applications of tariff or contract prices
- Incorrect VAT
- Incorrect application of late payment charges
Our monthly review process ensures that all invoices have been received, as well as that all queries are in progress, protecting you from the risk of late payment charges caused by lost or missing invoices.
In the event that your consumption threshold is exceeded, we will provide you with an early warning to allow you to take remedial action as soon as possible.
For every half hour electricity account, we download data from suppliers and check it against your billed consumption. Any discrepancies are promptly investigated and resolved.