Utility Accounts Support Administrator – Yate
This is no ordinary admin job!
You will become part of the heart and soul of our Utility Bureau Service, becoming involved in all types of utilities making this an interesting and varied role for the right person. You will learn to understand and check the many varied types of utility invoices for billing errors; working with suppliers to make corrections; monitoring our client’s accounts for problems or identifying ways that they can save money.
As your skills progress, you can learn more and more about specialist areas of a constantly changing industry.
Full training is provided by our in-house team. Experience of accounts payable or working for a utility supplier would be an advantage, but more important is a willingness to learn, an eye for numbers and a passion for getting the best possible results for our clients.
What is our Utility Bureau Service?
Utilities, and utility companies are a bugbear for most people and this is no different for commercial and industrial organisations and their electricity, gas and water accounts. Jargon and contract pitfalls combined with poor billing and terrible customer service can make tendering competitive supply contracts and managing the subsequent billing accounts an expensive and time-consuming nightmare for most.
Our Utility Bureau Service creates a buffer that protects our clients from the day-to-day problems of working with utility companies. Instead, our customers deal with our friendly and dedicated team of experts who then work on their behalf with the utility companies. Our in-depth knowledge helps to cut through the jargon and avoid most of the problems that can occur.
Our clients can rest assured that their bills are correct, their supplies are in contract and a team of experts are pro-actively looking out for problems and ways to save them money. We also help clients deal with their internal and mandatory reporting needs, coupled with centralising and managing their utility data.
As an account support administrator, you will be part of a small team responsible for:
- Checking utility supplier invoices for errors
- Arranging invoice corrections with suppliers
- Raising complaints with suppliers who are providing poor service
- Accurately processing cost and consumption data into our client databases
- Liaising with established client contacts for meter readings and details of portfolio changes
- Requesting changes to information held by suppliers
As your knowledge and skills grow, additional responsibilities may include:
- Setting up and checking new accounts being added to our service
- Resolving high level complaints with suppliers
- Training and supporting new staff
- Supporting other members of the team with unusual billing issues
- Helping to process supply contracts
- Working with half hourly consumption data
- Attending meetings with suppliers to maintain relationships and address general issues
You will have responsibility for your own portfolio of client accounts but will be working as part of a friendly and supportive team to deal with the peaks and troughs of day-to-day work.
Strong numeracy is essential as you will be working to high accuracy primarily with our customer’s consumption and cost figures.
You will have good interpersonal skills since you will need to work well as part of a team but also to understand and work with supplier and client contacts.
You will be I.T. literate as you will be regularly using websites, spreadsheets (MS Excel) and email.
Great communication will be one of your strong points both on the phone and via email, since you will eventually be explaining things to suppliers and our clients alike.
An eagerness to learn is essential since all training about the industry, suppliers and our processes are provided in-house by a knowledgeable and supportive team.
About Clifford Talbot Partnership
We have been helping our clients to save money and to navigate the minefield of the UK energy and water industries for over 37 years. As a growing private company of nearly 50 staff, we work from our own modern offices in Yate. We strive to provide a first-class professional service to all our customers as well as a transparent and honest approach to our charges, something many of our competitors fail to do. This has resulted in long term relationships with our clients who continue to use our service year on year.
The starting salary will depend upon skills and experience and will be somewhere between £21,000 to £24,000 per annum for a flexible 37.5 hours a week and a contributory pension. We have an annual appraisal and pay review process and work hard to help all of our staff to develop and reach their full potential. You will be working in a supportive and professional environment with like-minded colleagues who are committed to delivering the best possible service for our clients.
- Development and progression opportunities via a job training program with regular one to ones
- Increase in pay upon satisfactory completion of initial training (6-12 months) plus bonus after the first year
- Generous 25 days holiday, increasing to 30 days with long service plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working (both office and home working)
- Laptop provided
- Cycle to work scheme
- A rewarding workplace and fun team environment
- Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and milk
Job Types: Full-time (37.5 hours a week), Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
If you think that you have the skills for this role then we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]