Procurement Administrator – Yate
Clifford Talbot Partnership has developed a reputation with our customers for high quality professional services for over 37 years. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Administrator in our hugely successful and expanding Utility Bureau Service as part of our growing team. Your enthusiasm, professionalism and dedication to delivering a high-quality service will help you to enjoy a rewarding and fulfilling career with us.
Based in our offices in Yate (Bristol) you will be working as part of a dynamic team with our new and long-standing business clients to save them both time and money by helping them to efficiently manage their electricity, gas and water utility accounts. This includes tendering and negotiating contracts for the supply of gas and electricity, utility invoice data entry and validation, resolving billing errors with suppliers, plus dealing with specific problems and queries. In addition, we generate quarterly utility and property reports and seek to identify other areas for saving from the data presented. It is a varied and interesting industry to work in, dealing with multiple clients each with portfolios of properties ranging from multi-storey, multi-let office buildings through to shopping centres and factories.
The role is to provide support to the Account Executives and Managers as part of a small team, to issue tender requests to our suppliers and lock in contracts in a timely manner, negotiating the best deal we can for our clients in an ever-changing industry.
Key tasks include:
- Issuing tender request to suppliers with various contracting requirements
- Obtain and analyse quotations
- Resolve supplier quotation discrepancies
- Pre-Tender Reports for Account Executives
- Negotiation and recommendation of utility contracts for our clients
- Maintaining Waypoints System
- Issuing and chasing acceptance of termination notices
- Updating supplier commission trackers
- Checking and issuing Void Contracts
- Supply registration checks
- Assisting with resolving supply move objections
- Post Tender Actions for UBS contracts and Voids
- Mailbox Management
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships
- Attending supplier meetings to discuss products and service
Our high-quality service means this is a role to be proud of and will be highly rewarding for the right candidate. The skills we are looking for include:
- A good level of numeracy with a science or maths background with relevant qualifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working approach
- Great attention to detail, combined with excellent organisational skills and a passion for accuracy
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel
- Accuracy in extracting data from supplied material, and re-inputting it into a system
What we offer:
- Depending on experience the salary will start from £19,500 – to £22,000
- Development and progression opportunities via a job training program with regular one to ones
- Increase in pay upon satisfactory completion of initial training (6-12 months) plus bonus after the first year.
- Generous 25 days holiday, increasing to 30 days with long service (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working (both office and home working)
- Laptop provided
- Cycle to work scheme
- A rewarding workplace and fun team environment
- Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and milk
Job Types: Full-time, (37.5 hours a week), Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
If you think that you have the skills for this role then we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]