We have an exciting opportunity for a bright graduate in our hugely successful and expanding Utility Bureau Service as part of our growing team. This is a very satisfying and fast-paced role with excellent pay and progression opportunities for the right candidate. Your drive, professionalism and dedication to delivering a high-quality service will help you to enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Based in our offices in Yate (Bristol) you will be working as part of a dynamic team with our new and long-standing business clients to save them both time and money by helping them to efficiently manage their electricity, gas and water utility accounts.
Our organisation has developed a reputation with our customers for high quality professional services over the last 36 years. You will be the focal point for all of our services and will be responsible for managing your work whilst maintaining this reputation and growing your relationship with a portfolio of clients.
The role combines an interesting mix of numerate, technical and customer facing work.
Key tasks include:
- Liaising with clients via telephone, email and face-to-face
- Developing an understanding of each client’s unique needs
- Analysing consumptions and cost data and reporting to our clients
- Negotiating utility supply contracts
- Analysing utility invoices for errors
- Raising and resolving disputes with suppliers
- Calculating charges for client’s tenants
- Calculating annual budget forecasts
- Resolving ad hoc queries from clients
- Meeting with utility suppliers to improve relationships and learn about new products
The work is highly variable as every client has their own unique needs and is sometimes fast paced and at other times detailed and careful. Our service helps our customers to save huge amounts of time and money and our high-quality approach means this is a role to be proud of and will be highly rewarding for the right candidate.
You will be aided by our Account Support team who will assist you in many of the regular day-to-day functions of our service. You will also be supporting them with your industry and client knowledge and hence good teamworking is essential.
You will be based in our offices in Yate (Bristol) but travel is required on occasion in order to meet with our established clients at their offices in the UK & Ireland.
If you would like to know more about us and our services please email any questions to us at [email protected]
Full in-house training is provided and we offer excellent pay and progression opportunities. You will also receive ongoing professional development to help you progress into one of our senior team members at a pace that works for you.
You will be working in a supportive and professional environment with likeminded colleagues who are committed to delivering the best possible service for our clients.
- On the job training program
- Ongoing development & regular one-to-ones
- Starting Salary of £22,000
- Increase in pay upon satisfactory completion of initial training (6-12 months) plus bonus.
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Increasing to 38 days with long service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Working from home facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
You will have a proven track record in your academic and working experience as well as being a passionate problem solver, dedicated to delivering the best possible work and able to support those around you.
Key requirements are:
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerate; engineering or scientific degree
- Problem solver
- Able to work independently & support others
- Takes responsibility for quality of own work
- Hard working with a strong work ethic
- Professional and presentable
- Reliable & meets deadlines
- Committed to delivering excellent service for our clients
- Excellent communication skills
If you think that you have the skills for this role then we would love to hear from you – please send us a copy of your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]